Our Policies and Standard of Excellence
1018 Strategy, Inc. maintains board approved, documented policies and procedures related to financial practices, donor protections and relations, and donations. These policies and documents are made available to the public when a formal request is made to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- IRS 501(c)3 Determination Letter
- Current List of Board of Directors and Board of Advisors
- Last 3 Years of 990 returns to IRS
- Corporation’s Bylaws
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Code of Ethics / Whistleblower Policy
- Document Retention and Destruction Policy
- Executive Compensation Policy
In addition to these policies and procedures for financial transparency, we also have implemented and adhere to a Donor Bills of Rights.
Donor Bill of Rights
It is the policy of 1018 Strategy, Inc and its subsidiaries to disclose descriptive and financial details for revenue generating activities (including fee-for-service programs, for-profit subsidiaries, and related or unrelated business ventures) upon the request of a donor or funding source.
10.18 Strategy accepts donations and assets that are in line with our mission statement and goals. 10.18 Strategy will obtain legal input and advice when appropriate. Donations will not be knowingly accepted from funds that were acquired illegally.
10.18 Strategy provides copies of its most recent audited financial statements by providing copies to any donor or organization requesting this information. The audit provides detailed disclosure of revenue generating activities including fee for service programs and all other sources of revenue and expense.
10.18 Strategy follows the Donor Bill of Rights recommended by The Association of Fundraising Professionals which states, “Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers”.
Disclaimer of Services
Reservation of Rights to Discontinue Services: In rare instances, 10.18 Strategy may feel it is necessary to discontinue its service to an individual or family in order to protect its limited resources and/or the other people it serves. Therefore, 10.18 Strategy reserves the right to discontinue services to you at any time in its sole discretion, upon providing a full refund.
We are honored by your partnership and your confidence in the mission of 10.18 Strategy. As stewards of your donations and your trust, we pledge the following:
- To provide clear information on our organization’s mission and how we will use your donations for the betterment of children and families
- To make our financial statements available to the public
- To use your donations for the purposes for which they were given
- To respect your privacy, keeping your personal and giving records confidential
- To respond to your inquiries promptly and with integrity